- Entire Iran to stand up to excessive demands: Leader
- Bahraini Regime Forces Attacked the House of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Ghasem
- Saudi Arabia Arrests Key Suspects in Attack against Shia
- Hezbollah Condemns Bahraini Authorities Assault against House of Sheikh Qassem
- ISIL razes Shia, Sunni sites in Iraq
- English news
Two US-led NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan
Published: 2012/5/4 10:07 • 159 Reads • Published in: English news
Two US-led NATO soldiers have been killed in an attack by Taliban militants in southern Afghanistan, Pres TV reports.
The attack comes a day after the Taliban militant group announced that they will launch their annual "spring offensive" across Afghanistan, vowing to increase their attacks on the US-led forces in the country.
According to official figures released by the website, icasualties.org, 140 foreign soldiers have lost their lives in war-battered Afghanistan so far this year.
The increasing number of military casualties in Afghanistan has caused widespread anger in the US and other NATO member states, undermining public support for the Afghan war.
The US-led invasion of Afghanistan took place in 2001. The offensive removed the Taliban from power, but insecurity continues to rise across Afghanistan despite the presence of thousands of US-led troops there.
The comments are owned by the author. We aren't responsible for their content.